Conor McGregor confirmed he has signed the contract for the Floyd Mayweather Jr. fight.
They are now waiting for the boxer to sign “in the coming days.”
According to TheMacLife.com’s John Balfe, The Notorious said in a statement, “It is an honour to sign this record-breaking deal alongside my partners Zuffa LLC, The Ultimate Fighting Championship and Paradigm Sports Management.”
“The first and most important part of this historic contract has now officially been signed off on. Congratulations to all parties involved. We now await Al Haymon and his boxer’s signature in the coming days.”
Although the specifics of the deal were not revealed, McGregor subsequently confirmed White’s comments in a statement released on his personal website, TheMacLife.com.
McGregor also posted on Twitter:
Earlier this week, UFC President Dana White said he had successfully negotiated a deal with McGregor and that his attentions would now switch to Mayweather and his team, according to TNT’s Inside the NBA:
— NBA on TNT (@NBAonTNT) May 18, 2017
If a deal is struck on both sides, the fight would generate a large sum for both fighters.